The Club had its beginnings in November of 1986 as the Oro Bay Sportsman Club. In December of 1992 the members voted to change their name to the Oro Bay Yacht Club. The purpose of the Club is to encourage the sport of boating, to promote the science of seamanship and navigation, to arrange for and maintain suitable facilities for the use and recreation of its members, to cooperate with other organizations interested in boating activities, and to provide facilities, experience and training beneficial to the safety and well being of Anderson Island residents and other area boaters. Power boaters, cruising sailors, fishing enthusiasts, kayakers, and canoers are all welcome.
Membership is limited to those persons who are legally responsible, are property owners on Anderson Island or reside on Anderson Island, can demonstrate an interest in boating, and are of good moral character.
- Planned social events each year, such as the Commodore’s Barbeque, Island Fair Parade, Christmas Lighted Boat Parade
- Year round cruises to various interesting and scenic locations around the South Sound
- OBYC has reciprocal moorage privileges with over 60 other yacht clubs in the United States and Canada allowing us the opportunity to use their facilities simply by registering upon arrival and displaying our Club burgee.
- The opportunity to meet and enjoy the company of other boating enthusiasts that share a common interest.
- Club members and their guests are privileged to use the properties and facilities of Oro Bay Properties, Inc. along with visitors of recognized boating organizations having reciprocal privileges.