Hit Counter provided by Skylight
Subscribe to Oro Bay Yacht Club
Wednesday 02/21 40%Chance of SnowChance of snow showers early. Lows overnight in the upper 20s.Thursday 02/22 10%ClearSunny skies. High 41F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.Friday 02/23 70%SnowSnow showers early, with a steadier snow developing late in the day. High 39F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.Saturday 02/24 20%Partly CloudyIntervals of clouds and sunshine. High 46F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.
- 3:37 PM PST on February 21, 2018
- 3:00 AM PST on February 22, 2018
Now at the Ferry Landings
Jan 12th – Boating Class @ Fire Hall 7-9pm Survey Your Own Boat for Safety and Condition.
Jan 26th – Boating Class @ Fire Hall 7-9pmThe Black Art of Marine Corrosion and What to Do About it.
Feb 9th – Boating Class @ Fire Hall 7-9pmReview of Last Year’s Ladies Boat Class (Co-Ed Version)
February 10-12 Poulsbo Cruise, see Jim Bixler for details
Feb 23rd – Boating Class @ Fire Hall 7-9pm Chart Reading and Aids to navigation (ATONS)
March – 4th Brunch 11-1pm @ Riv
May – 6th Opening Day Boating Session BBQ and Potluck at Riv Marina 11-1pm
July – 15th Commodores BBQ and Potluck at Oro Bay Marina
Sept – 1st Float decorating BBQ and Potluck @ Oro Bay Marina
Sept – 2nd Labor Day Parade
October – 7th Brunch @ Riv 11-1pm
December – 2nd Brunch 11-1:30pm, boat parade, Christmas Party
David Hussey 253- 884–5675
13312 Agate Beach Rd
Anderson Island, WA 98303
The Friday night BBQ and float decorating was delicious and a huge success as you can see! A great time was had by all. We had the ‘littlest mermaid’, Sophia, riding in our float in the parade on Saturday and lots of candy fell from the sky. Other candy tossing kids included Sophia’s brother, Charlie; and Moira & Rowan. Their parents worked the Burger Stand at the Fair following the parade! Grandma (Jennifer) walked with the float to keep the kids seated in the boat! Fun in the Sun was a wild ride for all who participated. Thanks for another successful Labor Day BBQ and Parade!
Shane Reynolds, the son of Arron and Teresa Reynolds, is the 2015 Oro Bay Yacht Club Scholarship winner. Congratulations!
You join one yacht club and its like joining lots of them Check out where Oro Bay Yacht Club has reciprocal agreements….
- Last week I motored my very dirty sailboat to the Riviera Marina for Bob Garmire’s birthday party. I had a few hours to kill so I grabbed one of the mooring buoys and while swinging there, scrubbed of our famous PacNW crud from the cockpit.
- Did you know that the buoy nearest to the dock is the shallowest? There is 20 ft difference betwixt #1 and #3 buoys.
- Chasing the wind has been my routine lately. It would be nice to have a “wind watch” system around the Island as the breezes vary greatly (and are usually where I am not).
- The Oro Bay Marina has been pretty busy. Sometimes I just go down and watch the boats come in to the outposts and to our own slips. Some really interesting folks occasionally tie up at the reciprocal dock and are fun to talk to.
Anyways, I tweaked my work schedule to give me most Mondays off. I hope for some great three day cruises all summer (wind would be a bonus).